Tuesday, March 29, 2016

7 Ways for Teens to Make Money

So if your anything like me, your broke most of the time. I don't buy little impulse things like at Target; I bigger impulse dance buys like So Danca tap shoes, and new leotards. I made a goal for myself to not spend money unless I absolutely have to. I want to save money for things like wanting to go to Dance Excellence spring of 2017 and a summer intensive, but also I want to save money so that I will have money in college, and so that I will have money if I get the opportunity to travel the world and be a professional dancer. But enough about my money problems, here are some ways for you to make some extra cash. 


                                             7 Ways for Teens to Make Extra Money


              1. Swagbucks
                This first tip is probably my favorite, that's why its number one. It is an app that I use to make money called Swagbucks. With Swagbucks, you can earn gift cards to places such as Walmart, Target, Amazon, Pay Pal, Visa and many more places.To obtain these gift cards, you have to complete easy, small little tasks such as: taking surveys, ordering things online through their website, watching short videos, playing games, or even entering codes that they give you on their social media pages. I love Swagbucks because this is a fast way to earn a little bit of extra cash. Now I am not saying like immediate cash, but if you give it a little time you can add up enough to get a gift card to your favorite store. There is not an age restriction for this website, but there is an age restriction for some surveys. 
                    Point to money ratio is $1.00 for every 100 points. Link to sign up for Swagbucks



   2. Inbox Dollars
       I use Inbox Dollars as well, but I am still trying to save up enough money to cash out because you have to save up to at least $30 before you can cash out. On Inbox Dollars, you are able to receive an Inbox ecard that you can use in store or online, a prepaid visa, or a check that will come in the mail. Inbox Dollars has some of the same ways to make your money, but they also have some different ones like opening up emails on the app or website, listening to their radio feed(on their website), entering in WINIT codes found on their Instagram and Facebook, and much more. I am pretty sure that there is not an age restriction, but again there might be on some surveys. 
      There is no point to money ratio because you earn money not points. Link to sign up for Inbox Dollars.

3. Qriket
   The last app that I use for making money is Qriket. Basically on Qriket, you watch short videos or ads that give you spins. You choose a color and the spin the wheel and that is how you get the money. You can also enter Qriket Spin codes that are put on their Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat, or you can find them at some local stores. To cash out on Qriket, you have to have a Pay Pal account, and you also have to have a minimum of $10. I have not tried to cash out yet because I had like $9.00 saved up, and then I accidentally hit cash out. There is not an age requirement for Qriket. 
    There is no point to money ratio because you save up the money just like on Inbox Dollars. Enter in this code when you join.  LAJNOS. 

  4. Babysitting
  This is a classic, but it still is great. Just ask around for people that may need babysitting services, especially around a holiday. You can charge by the hour or what I do is when they ask how much just say whatever you feel, that way you are not over charging. 

5. Consignment
  This is a BIG one for me. I make a good bit of money doing a consignment sale that I do twice a year. All I have to do is tag my stuff the way they ask, and then I make 70% of the profit. (The other 30% goes to missions.) This one is great because you are making money and also getting rid of stuff that you don't need anymore. 

6. Crafting
   You might not know this just yet, but I love to craft. I make money crafting by doing craft shows, selling on Facebook, and also my grandma and I share a small booth in a store, that we pay rent for, that allows us to sell our stuff and they manage the store for us. (It is kind of like having your own craft show booth all of the time, just without having to be there all of the time.)

7. Getting a Job
   If you are under the age of sixteen getting a job is probably not the best option for you, but if you were to ask around, maybe you could find a job for your age. During basketball season, I do the record books and the score board for one of my local recreational basketball leagues. My friend told me that Chick-fil-a will hire you when you are thirteen to bus tables, but maybe that was just our local Chick-fil-a. I do know, that Chick-fil-a will hire teens when they are 15, which is great. If you are sixteen, you can get a job just about anywhere, though there might be some places that you can't. This summer, I will turn sixteen and I plan on getting a job at a local boutique. 

           These are all of the ways that I make money here and there that get me through at least until I can get a job. If you are a teen, make sure to thank your parent or guardian for providing for you so that you have not had to get a job this far, and if you are a young teen and you do have a job, good for you!! Just remember that getting a job and making money are not everything, well at least just yet. You need to enjoy you childhood and soak up every last drop, but if you are in desperate need of money, like to buy that new pair of pointe shoes, find something that you love to do and focus on loving it not the money you are making. 

                                                                  Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment