Sunday, May 1, 2016

How to Be a Dancer for a Bit Cheaper









Expensive is an excellent word that could describe dance. From tuition each month to competition fees, costume fees, shoes, dance wear, hair and makeup, and more you need to find ways to save money. Here are some of my ways that I save money. 



                1. Assisting
          At my dance studio if you assist with younger classes, you get a 15% discount on your monthly tuition. This is great because my tuition before my discount is $200 a month since I dance four days a week. If you are not sure that your studio does this or not, it would never hurt to ask. 

              2. Scholarships and Contests
          Scholarships are a great way to be able to go to conventions or other dance events, but not having to pay the full amount. Thankfully at two of my regionals this year, I won a $50 and a $25 dollar scholarship to the Gear Up Dance Convention, which I am super excited about because I have never been to before. CClick here to read about my weekend at Dance Machine. Another thing that I love to do is enter into contests. I have won two photo contests with Discount Dance, and I just recently won a contest with More than Dancers!!

               3. Online Discount Dancewear Stores
    Even though it is so much fun to go to that little boutique dance shop downtown, online discount dancewear stores are a great way to save money on dancwear and shoes. Here are a few Discount Dance SupplyDancewear CornerAll About DanceJust for Kix, and Dancewear Solutions.


          4. Don't Buy All of Your Dance Clothes from Dance Stores
   Now yes, you do have to buy leotards, tights, and some other things from dance stores, but you can go to stores that sell active wear and just buy clothes from there, as long as they meet your studio's dress code requirements. 


          5. Don't Use High End Makeup 
     Now this might be a tip based on personal preference, but I'll just give you my tips on this. For my eyelashes, competition makeup brushes, lipstick, and eyeshadow I use E.L.F products, and for all of my other makeup products I use Clinque foundation, and the rest of my products are Maybelline. For my hair products, I buy packs of bobby pins and hair ties from like the Dollar Tree or Big Lots,and  I buy Suave hairspray.

       6. Thank Your Parents
   My last tip is to thank your parents or whoever pays for the majority of your dance classes because dance does cost a lot. So when your parents say that you cannot go down and spend the whole week at that nice resort when you go to nationals, don't complain because you are getting to do something that you love to do and they do a lot so that you will be able to do the thing that you love. 

                                                              Stay Devoted,
                                                                      Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment